Friday, October 18, 2013

My Favorite Mistake

One day when I came home I greeted my mom like i always did and she told me to gather all my laundry so we could go wash them. After I had gathered all of my clothing i took them to the living room while I waited for my mom to bring her laundry downstairs. As I waited for my mom, I decided to go to my sisters room so she could help me with my math and history homework.

As I was finishing my homework i headed out of my sisters room and into the living room. Once I reached the living room I saw my mom carrying the last of her things downstairs. After having the laundry ready in the living room my mom, sister, and I loaded it into the car.

Once all of the laundry was in to car i got inside and sat in the drivers seat. Once my mom got to the door on the drivers side she inquired, "Why are you sitting in the drivers seat?" , I responded, "Can I try driving the car out of the garage and into the streets this one time, please?" I sat there watching her as she contemplated this situation until she finally gave in and replied with, "Okay, but only to the street no further." I clapped my hands together and gave her a wide smile as to tell her thank you.

Once I turned on the car I took a deep breath, and pressed hard on a random pedal. What I didn't know was that I stepped on the wrong pedal as the car went shooting forward and I got scared, I didn't know what to do. My mom was yelling at some near by police officers to help me. As the officers were running my way i turned to my right and pulled the lever that was next to me, which I later found out was an emergency brake, and the car came to an immediate halt. After my mom and I had our small heart attack I just got out out of the car and hugged my mom.

So that was one of my traumatizing and favorite mistakes. From this experience I learned that I shall not do something without knowing how to do it correctly. So I now now for a fact, that I will not drive until i have my license.

No comments:

Post a Comment